Recent Posts

Lightning strikes twice: Shrimp Curry


I am not one to pass on my recipes mostly because well...I'm not a really good cook but last week it was my turn to host book club. Hosting the group? Not a problem. Feeding the group? Ah Houston, we have a problem. Chicken nuggets anyone? So in my panic and serious contemplation of the multitude of take away options at the local grocers my husband says to me...didnt you make a shrimp curry once? That wasn't bad. Once, yeah like 5 years ago but hey! whose counting? Well dear readers... I made the shrimp curry and not only was it tasty but a huge success. People actually asked for the recipe. It was like winning the lotto I tell ya! So quick before the magic wears off...try it!

QUICK SHRIMP CURRY WITH CORRIANDER

Ingredients:

20 medium uncooked shrimp
1 tsp peanut oil
1 clove of garlic crushed
2 tsp curry powder
4 green onions chopped
1 medium red bell pepper
3 sticks of celery, sliced
3/4 cup cream
1 tbsp golden syrup
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves

Shell and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Heat peanut oil in large frying pan; cook garlic and curry powder until fragrant. Add shrimp, green onion, bell pepper and celery; cook, stirring until shrimp are tender. Add combined cream, golden syrup and sesame oil, stir until hot. Serve sprinkled with coriander.

No comments: