Recent Posts

Get Your Craft On: Chalk it Up

Oh how I love a chalkboard. I remember I used to race to class just so I could be the first to scribble on a freshly scrubbed chalkboard "I heart whatshisface". I don't know whatever happened to "whatshisname" but I still heart chalkboards. Here are some of my favorites:



Top left: Sarah Chen Photography Top right: oncewed
Bottom left: weddingchicks  Bottom right: onewed

There are tons of neat DIY projects out there. They all pretty much require only two things. Creativity and chalkboard paint. Here are some the cooler ideas I found.



DIY project 1 : Purchase inexpensive clay pots. After painting each pot with chalkboard paint, use chalk to write your guest's names or use one on each table indicating the table number.


DIY project 2 : Purchase unfinished wood banisters. After painting each one with chalkboard paint, use chalk to write your table numbers and place one or a grouping on them on tables.



DIY project 3: Paint galvanized pails with chalkboard paint. Using chalk, number each bucket and use as a seating chart. Place small balsam wood tags ( you can buy at craft stores) painted with chalkboard paint , handwritten with guests names in the buckets. To avoid smearing write guests names in white paint pen so it looks like chalk but wont wear off. Attach pretty ribbon so they are easy to grab out of bucket.


DIY project 4:  Purchase wooden pictures frames of your choice. Remove the glass from the frame and paint with chalkboard paint. Let dry. Reinsert into frame and use chalk to write Bride and Groom. Use a staple gun to attach ribbon to back of frame. Hang from chairs! 


I loved that each on of these projects was a bit different! Do you have any more neat uses for chalkboard paint?

No comments: